Friday, February 27, 2009

CrackBerry: you know you're a dork when...

I have indulged myself in the world of convenience that is blackberry ownership recently. Expensive data plans and constant beeping of the silly devices aside I am in love! The convenience of always being able to check my e-mail, carrying around my own little GPS, and music and images is second to none.

I love it, Kat hates it... Though I've caught her playing the odd game on it and browsing YouTube



To voice her opinions in a clever and well, fun way, she wrote me a little sonnet. Enjoy...


I’ve Lost My Loved-One To a Blackberry

You are such a boy; so indulged in your temporary gadgets.
Its deep black color, its shiny new body; it fits perfectly in your hands,
I understand your need for instant gratification, the need to be connected, it’s magic!
But you are so mystified, so concentrated, beads of sweat seep through your glands,
As you are motionless except for your fingers moving across its touch sensitive screen.
Your eyes so undivided, and an occasional eyebrow twitch –
Oh, dear! I’ve made you dinner and dessert – your favorite – haven’t you seen?
No you haven’t, too engaged to even notice if I change into a supermodel, or a witch.
Do you not notice the meal in front of you I made for you?
No appreciation, no gratefulness, hell, not even a mere “…yeah, thanks…”!
You’ve been taken over, submerged into a world of IM’s, no time for neither me nor our cat Clou.
I’ve lost the battle to this thin rectangular thing, this isn’t a prank,
It is obvious that I have been replaced by this so-called Blackberry
From which now on is what I referred to as a Crackberry.
"


Thanks for reading!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment